From COGAIN: Communication by Gaze Interaction (hosted by the COGAIN Association)
Links and useful resources
Eye Gaze Communication and Control
- Eye Typing Systems, a comprehensive list of Eye Typing / Gaze Writing systems and related links
- Gaze-Controlled Games, a list of online information resources on using gaze for the control of games and other leisure applications
- ALS Communication, video clips of communication by gaze, information about ALS and much more.
- EyeDraw, draw pictures solely by eyes, University of Oregon
- EyeMusic, translates eye movements into sound and music, University of Oregon
- SpecialEffect, database of computer games and leisure software for special access technology (including eye tracking)
- The Eye Mouse Project, study of eye movements during drawing & eye painting for disabled people, Camberwell College of Arts
- Eye Gaze Interaction research at the IT University of Copenhagen, see also Eye-Based IT
- Research on zooming interfaces and eye command interfaces by R. Bates.
- Gaze interaction research by T. Ohno, FreeGaze tracker, navigation support by eye movements, fast menu selection method etc.
- The More You Look the More You Get: Intention-Based Interface using Gaze-tracking by Slavko Milekic in MW2003.
- Eye-Based Interaction in Graphical Systems: Theory & Practice. A SIGGRAPH 2000 Course by A. Duchowski & R. Vertegaal.
- Design of Gaze-Based Interaction as Part of Multimodal Human-Computer Interaction, a presentation by K. Seifert at Eyes-Tea.NET
- BlueEyes Magic Pointing at IBM Almaden Research Center
- Eye-Gaze Tracking Research by F. Murtagh. Eye mouse research.
- GUIDe: Gaze-enhanced UI Design, EyePoint, point and selection, application switching, scolling and panning by gaze
- Designing with Vision, a tool for supporting the design process with gaze-added CAD tool. Includes info & free download of the software!
Eye Tracking Conferences and Meetings
- COGAIN Conference,     
- ECEM, European Conference on Eye Movements [ECEM 2013, to be organized in Lund in collaboration with COGAIN] [ECEM 2011] [ECEM 2009] [ECEM 2007] [ECEM13 2005] [ECEM12 2003] [ECEM11 2001] [ECEM10 1999]
- ETRA, Eye Tracking Research & Applications Symposium [ETRA 2012] [ETRA 2010] [ETRA 2008] [ETRA 2006] [ETRA 2004] [ETRA 2002] [ETRA 2000]
- ECVP, European Conference on Visual Perception [ECVP 2008] [Archive of previous meetings]. See also ECVP Abstracts archive
- SWAET, the Scandinavian Workshop on Applied Eye-tracking [SWAET 2008] [SWAET 2007] [SWAET 2006]
- VIV, Vision in Vehicles [VIV11 2006] [VIV10 2003] [VIV9 2001]
- BIP 2005, International Workshop on Bioinspired Information Processing: Cognitive modeling and gaze-based communication
- The First Irish Workshop on Eye-Tracking
- Second Finnish Symposium for Eye-movement Research
- Eyes-Tea meetings
- ETA EyeTrack Austria 2012
- Catalogue of currently available eye trackers for interactive applications within AAC, currently available systems targeted at people with disabilities
- Eye trackers for eye movement research, analysis and evaluation
- Open-source and low-cost eye tracking systems
- Tobii EyeTrack Awards - got a good idea and need an eye tracker to do the research?
General Information on Eye Anatomy, Physiology and Movements
- Eye Anatomy and Function, learn how the sense of sight works
- Eye Simulation Application, simulates eye motion and demonstrates the effects of disabling eyes muscles and/or nervers (Macromedia Shockwave Plug-in needed)
- Eye Anatomy and Eye Sight Complications, a lot of information of resources as well as complications involved with eye and eye complications
- The Joy of Visual Perception, A Web Book by Peter K. Kaiser
- Journal of Vision, papers available in HTML or PDF format!
- The Pupil Page and PUPIL mailing list Archives
- Vision Research Journal
See also the educational resources found here on COGAIN website, e.g.
- Training, educational materials for (self)training of gaze interaction and eye tracking related issues
- User Involvement, filled with information and useful tips for new users!
- Bibliography, references for gaze interaction articles
- Applications developed within COGAIN
- SAW (Special Access to Windows) enables Windows software to be controlled by alternative access devices such as switches, joystick, trackerball, headpointer, or eye tracker.
- OATS, open source assistive technology software
- Application Market for Tobii Eye Trackers, a list of apps developed for Tobii trackers, many of them are freely available for download
- Eye Movement Biometric Database (EMBD), database of eye movement recordings
- Scanpaths.org, online repository of scanpath (eye-movement) data
Blogs on Eye Tracking
- Gaze Interaction Blog by Martin Tall. Refers and discusses interesting research on gaze interaction.
- EyeTracking.Me a Blog by Tommy Strandvall. News, ideas and Tommy's training material on how to use eye tracking in different kind of human behavioral research.
- Eye Tracking Blog Mostly usability related stuff.
- iGaze Web Gaze enhanced web browsing (Dan's M.A. thesis blog).
- TTE-Ergonomicsan Italian blog about eye tracking and gaze interaction.
Portals and Links Collections
- Eye Movement Research Portal linking you to eye movement information and resources around the world
- EYE MOVEMENT Knowledge Base, joint portal for ECEM, JEMR, and EYEMOVEMENT, with a knowledge base for sharing experiences.
- Eye-Tracking Update, Keep up to date with the latest Eye-Tracking news and trends